- 17+ guides for professional social networking like a ninja
- 30+ sites for resume inspiration and cover letter writing
- 25 mind blowing tips to ace your next job interview
- 23 job negotiation and real world salary researching resources
- 18 sites to check out if youâ€™re thinking about leaving newspapers
- 37 freelance, entrepreneurship and starting your own business tools and tips
- 23 sources for career inspiration (both happy and sad)
- 54 job boards and websites to find a new gig
Unnecessary background: Earlier in the year, following some unsettling layoffs in the news business, I published a list of 94 links for job resources to help people get back on their feet. I couldn’t have imagined things would have continued to implode so fast since then but it has and has affected many of my friends, co-workers and colleagues in the news business — and those beyond the media.
So in an effort to help my brothers and sisters out, here’s a gargantuan updated guide to help for those looking for a new gig, for those considering jumping ship and for those who aren’t even looking right now (but may find themselves looking next Friday) as this recession/depression/faux salvation corrupt buyout catastrophe continues to crush companies.
Keep up the good fight.